Monday, October 17, 2011

" Put off your imagination, as you put off your overcoat, when you enter the laboratory. Put it on again, as you put on your overcoat, when you leave. "
Claude Bernard

Something I made a year ago. It was actually simple work, but now I feel warm and special in this cute black coat.  When tailoring the coat I was inspired of the national dress of the county in Estonia called Viljandi. Unfortunately I couldn't find good picture to put it up on here, but if you really wanna see the dress you can google it. :) 

About the coat.... Originally it was too long and too fusty for me (I can be a bit sniffy when it is about clothing). So I shortened the coat. Removed the furry neckpiece. Wanted to add some golden details so buttons seemed perfect. Have always loved the black-and-red harmony so I decided to add details made of red cotton yarn. I did not have sewing machine back then so everything had to be made manually (actually I had one but it was broken).  I like the idea that my little love is not too eye-catching but still it is different. 


No comments:

Post a Comment